Getting to know me!

Bienvenue and Welcome to my blog! My name is Laurie Blair Dueck. I have been teaching since 2006. I started teaching Physical Education at the high school level, in Swift Current, Sask. After one year, I moved to the Regina Public School Division where I am still currently teaching. I have taught a variety of grades and subjects: French Immersion Physical Education and Core French for k-8, grade 1-3 French Immersion, grade 6-7 French Immersion and most recently Learning Resource Teacher in a French Immersion center. I am currently on maternity leave with my two and a half month old daughter and two year old son.

My family

Along with my Education and Kinesiology degrees, I have a Certificate in Inclusive Education. I am passionate about Inclusive Education, French Immersion Education and Physical Literacy and movement.

This is my first masters class in the Teaching, Learning and Leadership program. This semester, I am looking forward to having professional conversations with my colleagues and learning from their experience with online teaching and tools. I am looking to become more confident in using a variety of platforms to engage with my students as I have limited knowledge and comfort in this area. Finally, I hope to create tools and projects that I can take with me into my teaching world.

One thought on “Getting to know me!

1. Hi Laurie,
    This is also my first masters class in the Teach, Lead, Learn program. We seem to have similar academic goals. I am really excited to be a student again, especially in this new program. The flexibility it offers is enticing, and exciting.

Congratulations on your new baby!